Posted December 21, 2023
As you explore ways to upgrade your kitchen, you've likely encountered the words "range hood" and "vent hood" being used interchangeably. This can create confusion among homeowners. Is there a difference between these two terms? Are they the same kitchen appliances? Let's find out! Our appliance experts have given us the inside scoop on kitchen hoods and we’re here to share that with you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Range hoods, also known as exhaust hoods, kitchen hoods, or vent hoods, serve a pivotal role in maintaining a clean and healthy kitchen environment. Positioned above your cooktop or range, these hoods are equipped with a fan and ventilation system designed to eliminate odors, smoke, and airborne grease particles produced during cooking.
The primary objective is to enhance air quality, making your kitchen a comfortable and safe space. A range hood is simply another term for a vent hood; they mean the same thing and refer to the same appliance.
Range hoods are more than just stylish additions to your kitchen; they offer a plethora of benefits that contribute to a healthier and more pleasant cooking environment.
• Odor Elimination: Range hoods excel at eliminating odors generated during cooking, ensuring that your kitchen remains fresh and inviting.
• Smoke Removal: The built-in fans of range hoods efficiently remove smoke produced while cooking, preventing it from lingering in your home.
• Airborne Grease Control: Cooking often releases airborne grease particles. Range hoods act as effective filters, capturing and expelling these particles, thus maintaining cleaner air.
• Enhanced Safety: By removing potentially harmful pollutants, range hoods contribute to a safer kitchen environment, reducing the risk of respiratory issues.
• Wall-Mounted Range Hoods: Ideal for kitchens with available wall space, these hoods offer a sleek and efficient solution for proper ventilation.
•Island Range Hoods: Designed for kitchens with an island cooktop, these hoods provide effective ventilation without compromising aesthetics.
• Under-Cabinet Range Hoods: Perfect for compact kitchens, these hoods are installed beneath cabinets, optimizing space while ensuring optimal ventilation.
• Downdraft Range Hoods: Specially designed for kitchens without conventional overhead space, these hoods retract when not in use, maintaining a seamless kitchen aesthetic.
Tip: Consult one of our product specialists if you are having trouble figuring out which style best fits your kitchen. Our friendly staff is here to help!
Upgrade your kitchen’s air quality and style with the best vent hoods on the market. Transform your cooking space into a haven of freshness and style by choosing from our curated selection of cutting-edge ventilation solutions. Browse our selection of ducted and ductless hoods from leading brands like Broan, KitchenAid, Maytag, and more.
Head to one of our appliance store locations in Charlotte, Salisbury, Morganton, Monroe, Pineville, Winston-Salem, and Greensboro, NC, to shop everything from hoods to the best refrigerators for sale!
Are vent hoods difficult to install?
The installation difficulty varies depending on the type of vent hood and your kitchen's layout. In general, our vent hoods are designed for easy installation, and our team provides guidance and support throughout the process.
Do I need a vent hood over my range?
Yes, a vent hood is highly recommended over your range to effectively remove odors, smoke, and airborne particles, creating a cleaner and healthier kitchen environment.
Do range hoods have to be vented outside?
No, range hoods do not have to be vented outside. Some hoods offer recirculation options.
What is the best range hood brand?
There are multiple brands known for crafting premium range hoods. Lucky for you, we carry all the best brands! Explore our collection to discover the best fit for your kitchen.
Should a range hood be flush with the wall?
The positioning of a range hood depends on your kitchen's layout and design preferences. While some prefer a flush installation for a seamless look, others may opt for a more prominent placement for a design statement.
- Oven With Air Fryer: A Must-Have or a Kitchen Gadget Gimmick
- How To Choose a Vent Hood