The heat of summer is finally here, and so is grilling season. Whether the perfect summer means lounging in a pool or sipping on an icy cold beverage in the shade, nothing signifies summer quite like that charcoal flavor on a juicy burger at a backyard get-together with loved ones.
It’s time to get back to our innate instinct of using the heat of the flame to grill, smoke, roast, and sear your meats to perfect doneness. Just like our ancestors used to gather around the fire to cook their daily hunt or catch, this unique cooking method is a ritual we were born to do. Grilling is all about discovery, from discovering new cuts of meat and seasoning methods to learning new techniques like reverse-searing and “cavemanning.” It truly is an art to be mastered.
However, grilling is more than just a form of cooking. It brings people together. If there’s anything we’ve learned, it’s the importance of connecting with others. You don’t have to be an extrovert to be fueled by the energy of having others nearby. But no one gathers over a pot of stew on the stovetop to watch it simmer. Light up that grill, and bam! - everyone congregates, and you, the grill master, become the master of ceremonies.
Grilling is a communal activity designed to provide nourishment to others, while having a good time doing it! So in case you needed any more reasons to fire up the grill, we are going to share some of the best grill features you should keep an eye out for when buying a new grill.
Upgrade Your Grilling Game
Don’t let your current grill hold you back this summer like it did last year. Whether your grill was purchased on a whim or is just plain old, it may be time to replace it with a more suitable grill that can accommodate your dreams of becoming a grill master.
Today’s grills offer far more cooking options and abilities than ever before, including precise temperature gauges, grease management systems, ceramic radiant technology, infrared burners, Wi-Fi connectivity, digital displays, downdraft exhaust, LED lighting, and thoughtfully designed burner locations to achieve exactly what you need. So if your current grill is coming up short on results, it may be time to shop for a new one.
The Best Grill Features
Here is a list of some of the best grill features you should consider before purchasing a new grill to fire up for the summer:
• Precise Temperature Gauges: Allows for accurate monitoring and cooking temperature control, ensuring that your food is cooked to perfection every time.
• Infrared Burners: Provide intense heat that is perfect for searing and cooking thicker cuts of meat. They also heat up faster than traditional burners.
• WiFi Connectivity: Enables you to control your grill remotely via your smartphone or other mobile devices. You can adjust the temperature, set timers, and monitor the cooking progress from anywhere. This Traeger grill is a great example of a high-quality grill with built-in Wi-Fi features to have you backyard grilling in no time.
• LED Lighting: Illuminates the cooking area, making it easier to see what you're doing when grilling in low light conditions. It also adds a stylish touch to your grill.
• Downdraft Exhaust: Pulls smoke and cooking fumes away from the food and out of the cooking area, creating a more comfortable and safer grilling experience.
• Meat Probes With App Integration: Meat probes can now be connected to mobile apps that monitor the internal temperature of your food and send alerts when it's ready.
• Rotisserie Burner: A rotisserie burner allows you to cook rotisserie-style meats, such as whole chickens or roasts, with even heat distribution and a crispy exterior.
• Smoke Infuser: This feature allows you to add smoky flavors to your food without actually smoking it. It works by blowing smoke from a wood chip container into the cooking chamber.
Why Shop at Queen City?
At Queen City, we strive to be the best grill store near you and proudly carry one of the largest selections of outdoor grills from well-respected brands in the grilling industry. Find a wide selection of the best quality grills from brands like Traeger, Napoleon, Coyote, Artisan, Kamado Joe, DCS, Wolf, Alfresco, and Lynx.
Whether you are looking for a fully equipped gas grill like this Napoleon BBQ Prestige 665, a charcoal smoker that doubles as the perfect charcoal grill like this Coyote Smoker, or a pellet grill to give you a unique wood-fired taste like this Traeger grill, Queen City has it all. We have the perfect grills, grilling sets, grilling tools, and grilling accessories to turn your ordinary deck, patio, backyard, or any outdoor cooking space into an extension of your kitchen.
We can also help you take your grilling to the next level by elevating your backyard entertainment with a fully equipped outdoor kitchen. Browse our selection of built-in grills, grill carts, side burners, refrigerated bases, grill islands, and more to begin building your dream outdoor oasis.
Discover The Best Grills Today
Head on over to one of our convenient store locations in Charlotte, Salisbury, Morganton, Monroe, Pineville, Winston-Salem, or Greensboro, North Carolina, to view our extensive grill inventory in person.
Our product experts are always on hand to help answer any questions and make sure you find the perfect grill to match your budget, preferences, and grilling needs. We care about helping you build your perfect home and outdoor oasis. For all of your kitchen appliance and grill needs, Queen City is here to help!